Global Launch Event - 2022 Global Food Policy Report: Climate Change & Food Systems
The 2022 Global Food Policy Report, IFPRI’s flagship report, highlights the urgency of accelerating innovation, reforming policies, resetting market incentives, and increasing financing for sustainable food systems transformation. It sets forth a broad range of policy options for accelerated action by policymakers as well as international forums for policy and investment decision-making.
Eleven thematic chapters look at how policies can support the development and adoption of “disruptive” technologies by creating an enabling environment for climate change–related financing, innovation uptake, and integrated governance of natural resources. The chapters also examine the impacts of climate change and related policies on the most vulnerable, considering how to promote healthy, sustainable diets and increase benefits for all from food systems. Six regional chapters discuss the diverse impacts of climate change in different parts of the world and identify potential responses that can be taken up in the short and medium term in national and regional food systems.
Join us at the global virtual launch event where speakers will highlight key findings in the 2022 report.
Overview of the Report
- Johan Swinnen, Global Director, CGIAR Systems Transformation Science Group & Director General, IFPRI
- Channing Arndt, Director of Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI
Rapid Fire Presentations
- Eugenio Diaz Bonilla, IICA Visiting Fellow, IFPRI
- Daniel Gilligan, Deputy Director of Poverty, Health, and Nutrition Division, IFPRI
- Joseph Glauber, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Aditi Mukherji, Principal Researcher, International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Caroline Mwongera, Agriculture & Climate Change Specialist, Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
- Valeria Piñeiro, Senior Research Coordinator, IFPRI
- Rob Vos, Director of Markets, Trade and Institutions Division, IFPRI
- Andrew Jarvis, Associate Director-General for Research, Strategy, and Innovation, Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
- Rachael McDonnell, Deputy Director General, Research for Development, International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Charlotte Hebebrand, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, IFPRI