The European Green Deal: The Force of the EU's Farm to Fork Strategy and Biodiversity Strategy to Build Healthy and Sustainable Food Systems
The “Farm to Fork” Strategy, adopted by the European Commission on 20th May, 2020, is part of the Commission’s Green Deal and integral to Europe’s ambitious response to climate change and environmental challenges along the food chain. It reflects the ongoing transformation of food systems worldwide and the goal of making Europe’s food system the gold standard for sustainability.
Along with the “Biodiversity Strategy”, the European Union seeks to demonstrate that green best practices can be successful in jointly increasing economic efficiency and environmental and climate sustainability in European and global agriculture.
Join us to hear presenters share on the link between “Farm to Fork”, the future of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy and the international dimension.
- Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
- Sabine Juelicher, Director Food and Feed Safety, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- John Clarke, Director International Relations, Directorate-General for Agriculture, European Commission
- Humberto Delgado Rosa, Director Natural Capital, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission
- Valeria Piñeiro, Senior Research Coordinator, IFPRI
The event will last approximately 75 minutes.
During the event, please type your questions into the chat box with name, affiliation, and country. The event video, presenter slides, podcast, and a blog will be available in the days following the event.